How good is your oral health care? Would you say that your smile is being treated as best as possible? Although a minimal amount of effort is often required to keep your teeth and gums in tip-top shape, there are plenty of techniques and tips to employ to keep your smile at its best, including the following:
– Treat effects of halitosis, also known as bad breath, by brushing your tongue along with your teeth during your daily routines.
– Eliminate bad habits from your life that can damage your smile, such as chewing and smoking tobacco.
– Stay away from dangerous drugs and medications that may cause dry mouth symptoms or tooth decay.
– Receive regular checkups at your dentist and attend your bi-annual professional cleanings.
– Use additional cleaning utensils such as mouthwash and sugarless gum after eating to limit the risk of tooth decay and tooth enamel loss.
– Avoid snacking between meals, as this can increase your risk for tooth decay.
– Try to follow all instructions from your dentist for your oral health care.
– Regularly use safety equipment when playing contact sports or participating in activities that are risky for your oral health.
– Floss at least once daily and brush at least twice daily
– Focus on eating healthy meals from all five major foods groups in accordance with a healthy diet.
If you would like to discuss an oral health care treatment with Dr. Asal Shirazi and the rest of our team here at Fullerton Dental Care, please schedule an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Brea, California. Our number is 714-870-2000. We look forward to taking your smile into the future with optimum oral health care!